Countless books have been written on parenting. There are endless questions that parents ask on this topic. Below are the resources we currently have available on this topic.
- Where can I find some practical and helpful tips on parenting and disciplining my child? Article: Points on Parenting
- Should parents send their children to public schools? Should the wife work or home school the children? Video: Ask Pastor Tim – Marriage, Work, and Public School
- What should I let my children be exposed to? Am I protecting or overprotecting my children? Video: Protecting or Overprotecting Our Children?
- Is it sinful for a married couple to not have children? Video: Is It Sinful for a Married Couple to Not Have Children?
- My children won’t sit still during a Sunday service, please help me. Video: Parents: Train Your Children at Home
- What does Proverbs 22:6 mean when it says, “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Article: Lord Save Our Children
- As a parent do you teach your children to be considerate of others? Audio: Teaching Your Children to Be Considerate
- What does Ephesians 6:1 mean when it says, “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.”? Audio: Children Obey and Honor Your Parents / Parenting to Please God
- Most neglect to consider that the church also has some responsibility in teaching our children. Video: Parenting (Part 8)
- I no longer live with my parents and want to still honor them. When is it God’s will for me to disobey my parents, how can I discern? Video: When Is It God’s Will to Disobey My Parents?
- Is it true that if I don’t spank my child I actually hate them? Video: Parents, Discipline Your Children
Marriage, Work, and Public School
Protecting or Overprotecting Our Children?
Lord! Save Our Children!
Teaching Your Children to Be Considerate
Children Obey and Honor Your Parents
Points on Parenting
Biblical Points on Being a Godly Parent
Parenting (Part 8)
When Is It God’s Will to Disobey My Parents?
Parents, Discipline Your Children
Parenting to Please God
Courtship: The Child’s Responsibility to the Parents
Biblical Courtship: The Parent’s Responsibility in the Home
The Family According to Jesus
Educating, Training, and Disciplining Your Children
Giving Your Children a God-Fearing Education
- Colossians 3:21 Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.
- Proverbs 13:24 Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.
- Proverbs 22:15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him.
- Proverbs 23:13-14 Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die. If you strike him with the rod, you will save his soul from Sheol.
With countless parenting books out there, here are a few we have found most helpful: